Get involved with our first 'Summer of Sport'?
There's something for everyone - children and families - whatever your fitness level, with Malorees' first-ever "Summer of Sport"!
Please encourage your child to enjoy the outdoors and the range of inspiring activities on offer by getting involved yourselves!
- Children's Duathlon (June 8th) - the Infant & Junior schools have teamed up with the British Triathlon Trust to offer children in both schools the opportunity to complete their very own Duathlon. The Trust will be bringing in around twenty exercise bicycles into the school playground and the distance covered will be recorded by Mike Cleary and the team. The children will also complete short runs around the school field. Every child that completes both parts of the Duathlon will receive gold medals from the Trust to reward them for their hard work! Your child will be automatically registered for this as it is happening during school time.
- Malorees Parent Triathlon (June 4th) - as this marvellous Malorees Triathlon Team video shows, while the children enjoy the duathlon above, 18 parents will be toiling for a major fundraising drive for the school. We are hoping to raise enough money to lease a mini-bus that will be used throughout both schools. So, our magnificent team of Malorees Parent Triathletes are currently in intense training for the Bloodwise Triathlon at Bleinham Palace on Sunday 4th June. Get to know each of our triathletes by clicking here or on the image to the right. Better still, send them encouraging messages and donations at www.bit.ly/maloreessummerofsport?
- School Sports Days - the Juniors Sports Day will be on June 23rd and Infants on July 6th. PLEASE try to come for this very special morning of fun and encourage the children.
- Passport to Fitness - Mike Cleary, PE Lead for Juniors, will be repeating his popular "Passport to Fitness" programme again for all the Junior children this term. The children are set a variety of challenges to help them develop strength and fitness. More details to follow.
- The Marvellous Malorees Moonwalk (Friday, 16th June, 6pm) - it's back! The ever-popular 4th year for all parents to enjoy. A 16km walk from the school across Primrose Hill (where Matilda and Anthony Velevitch will have refreshments waiting) and Hampstead Heath for parents, carers, teachers. A great way to get to know more people in our school community while taking in some of the wonderful sights. Last year, walkers raised over £3,000 across both schools to help pay for IT White Boards in Infants and you can become a fundraiser again here. But come take part even if you don't want to raise money - this is primarily a wonderful get-to-know-one-another social event. It would be helpful if you can contact Matilda at email@example.com if you're interested in taking part.
- World Cup Malorees football and netball (Saturday, 10th June 1pm-) - we have a lovely field and we're going to use it! Come on June 10th to enjoy an afternoon of light-hearted 6-a-side football matches, netball teams and a bouncy castle. Followed by a BBQ and a live screening in the Infant Hall of the epic Scotland-England World Cup Qualifying match (kick-off, 5pm)! Please email Giles at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this event.
- The Hampstead Pond swim - have you ever swum in the lovely Hampstead Heath ponds? Now's your chance - join parents Lucinda and Helen who are organising a fun evening swim in June (date tbc). Please email Lucinda_1@me.com for more details.
- Fitness with Lizzie - personal trainer parent Lizzie Barker has kindly offered the chance for parents to have two free group sessions with parents at her ever-popular Tiverton Green fun fitness mornings. Every new participant who does the sessions will generate a £10 donation to the school. You can contact Lizzie at email@example.com.
- Queens Park fun-run - why not join the ever-growing numbers of our school children running in Queens Park every Sunday at 9am? This is not organised by the school but you will find many of us there! You can just turn up and run or you pre-register if you would like your child's time to be recorded. The children have a lot of fun and motivation from seeing how they can beat their personal best week-to-week.
We will reveal more about the programme over the coming weeks.
Want to see anything else? Please get in contact with the PSA (Infants) or PSFA (Juniors) parent bodies if you would like to see anything added to the programme.
Thank you to our brand-new local partner, Nuffield Health, who have kindly agreed to sponsor and support the above activities. Nuffield have just refurbished their Brondesbury gym and are offering parents and teachers 10% discounted membership (with an opportunity for a free "try before you buy" pass) if you contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also click-through on the picture below to obtain a free trial pass.