Admissions for Reception classes, Year 1 and Year 2 need to be made through Brent Council on 0208 937 3110 (or use application form link below).
The school only handles admissions for the Nursery directly.
NB: Admission to Year 3 from Year 2 is not automatic - an application has to be made through the London Borough of Brent.
Open Days - 2022
School visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged.
Please contact the main school office at admin firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0208 459 3038, to arrange an appointment.
We are also delighted to be able to hold our Open Mornings back in school.
You must email the school to book a place at email@example.com.
Dates for parent and carers open morning tours for this term:
Thursday 22nd September 2022 - 9:30am - 10:30am
Thursday 13th October 2022 - 9:30am -10:30am
Thursday 3rd November 2022 9:30am-10:30am
Please complete the below application form and return to the School with proof of address and a copy of the birth certificate for Nursery admissions.
Nursery applications for September 2023 need to be submitted by 15th January 20223
Criteria for admission for Reception places
1. Children with Statements of Special Educational Need (EHC plans)
2. Looked after children
3. Children with special medical or social needs
4. Siblings of children already attending the Infant or Junior Schools who live within the catchment area
5. Children living within the catchment area
6. Siblings of children already attending the Infant or Junior Schools who live outside the catchment area
7. All other applicants
Junior School Admissions
Pupils are admitted at age 7 without reference to ability or aptitude. The school is committed to equal opportunities and pursues a policy of non-discrimination in carrying out its policy. The number of admissions in Year 3 is up to a maximum of 60 pupils.
Where there are more applications than places available, then the following criteria will apply:
1. Looked after children / Previously looked after children.
2. Children attending Year 2 of Malorees Infant School at the time of application who have siblings who attend Malorees Junior School.
3. Children attending Malorees Infant School at the time of application who do not fulfill criterion 2.
4. Other children who currently have a sibling at Malorees Junior School and will continue to do so on the date of admission.
5. Children for whom it is essential to be admitted becuase of special circumstances to do with significant medical or special educational needs.
6. Proximity of the child’s home to the school, with those living nearer according to the distance measured along the safest walking route, being accorded higher priority.
Please note there is no automatic transfer from Malorees Infant School to Malorees Junior School. Parents must submit a separate application form.
If you are not offered a place at Malorees Junior School and you wish to appeal against this decision, details of the appeal procedure will be sent to you on application to the Headteacher.