Malorees Infant & Junior Schools recognise that sport and physical education is vital to the holistic development of young people, fostering their physical, social and emotional health and helping us with our Vision to deliver THRIVING schools.
We are lucky at Malorees to have two school playgrounds but also a lovely field where children can exercise and enjoy games.
We are proud that so many of of children do well in competitive sports but we also seek to give EVERY child the opportunity to take part in one of the various inter-school sporting events organised around Brent.
Fun activities offered to our Junior children include football, netball, cycling, cross-country, running and cricket, tennis, gymnastics and tag rugby.
Year 4 children take swimming lessons at Willesden Sports Centre as part of the curriculum and we have won the Brent Schools Swimming Galas in 2018 and 2019.
We have also recently introduced an early morning basketball club and take part in the annual Olympia Chess tournaments.
We are also proud to have every child try duathlon every June on our school field with the British Triathlon Trust. A video of the children enjoying this can be accessed below.
For a full list of Infant and Junior School clubs click here.
Recent sport team success
Recent achievements include
- Brent Schools' 7 a side Tournament Champions
- Brent Schools' Y6 Boys Cross Country Champion
- Brent School's Y5 Girls Cross Country Champion
- Brent Schools' Y3/4 Indoor Athletic Champions
- Brent Schools' Y5/6 Tennis silver medallists
- Brent Schools' Y3/4 Quad-kids Champions & Year 5/6 silver medallists
- Brent Schools' Y3/4 Team Gymnastics Bronze Medallists & Year 5/6 Silver Medallists
- Brent Schools' Y6 Girls' Cricket Bronze Medallists
- Brent Schools' Y5/6 Tag Rugby Champions
- Brent School's Y5/6 Indoor Athletics Champions
- Brent School's Y5/6 Swimming Champions
- Brent School's Y5/6 Girl's Football Runners Up
Several children have also competed in the Junior Races at the 2019 Blenheim Triathlon.
Sport & our parent community
In Summer 2017 we also introduced our first "Summer of Sport" offering a wide range of activities for children and the family, using our extensive field and events around the local area.
The emphasis was on participation for all the family and having fun with activities to suit everyone, whatever their level of fitness.
Parents and teachers also take part every year in the London Winter 10km Run and the Blenheim Palace Triathlon.