The Governors of Malorees School Federation have been appointed from a wide range of backgrounds and expertise to ensure that every child at Malorees is safe at school and is provided with the best education and learning opportunities.
Our key responsibilities are:
We are critical friends
- Challenging, monitoring and supporting senior management
- Governors bring ‘constructive challenge’ to decision making and ensure that the school is effectively led and managed.
We set strategic direction, policies and objectives:
- Approve the school budget
- Set and agree appropriate targets and priorities– shaping the vision and direction of the school
- Ensure all pupils and employees have equal opportunities within the school including those with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
We monitor and evaluate
- Confirm statutory duties have been fulfilled
- Review the effectiveness of statutory policies
- Review progress against the school’s budget and objectives
We conduct our responsibilities through three main committees. These are:
- Curriculum and Development Committee (chaired by Urmi Shah)
- Finance, Property and Staffing Committee (chaired by Ajay Kawa)
- Safeguarding, Families and Community Committee (chaired by Giles Deards)
Being a school governor is challenging and extremely rewarding.
If you are within the school or outside and are interested in becoming a Governor we would be delighted to hear from you. Please feel free to contact one of the below for an informal discussion or please contact: Robert Singh, Chair of Governors through the school office or by email: email@example.com
Please see below for the list of governors.
The Board replaced the Infant Governing Board and Junior School Interim Executive Board on 18 April 2017. Both the Full Board and sub-Committees formally meet at least once every three months.
|Urmi Shah||Chair of Governors||Local Authority|
Chair of Finance, Property and Staffing Committee
|Sian Davies||Headteacher||Ex officio|
|Co-opted Governors||Board of Governors|
|Rebecca Heath||Staff Governor||Staff|
Parent Governors (Chair of SWC Committee)
|Associate Governors||Board of Governors|
|Clerk to the Governing Body||Board of Governors|
The Head of the Infant School and the Junior School also attend Board meetings but hold no voting rights. They play a vital role in developing and implementing the strategic goals and key school priorities of each school.
Statutory Governance Information: